[Openstack-operators] European Operators

Mariano Cunietti mcunietti at enter.it
Fri Sep 18 13:15:01 UTC 2015

Ciao Matt, nice to meet you again!
Italians with ECS, www.entercloudsuite.com<http://www.entercloudsuite.com> onboard!

FYI, together with Numergy (Alexandre Steiner is CC’ed here), KPN, Gigas, Belgacom/Proximus, Portugal Telecom we are participating in the CTA, Cloud Team Alliance<http://www.cloudteamalliance.com/>, and we are already setting up meetings with the main Openstack (and not) players in Europe.
The goal is not only to set up a technology-driven group, but to create an ecosystem to work with and to carve out a real european offer. Which may be: not centralized, but distributed and respectful of #diversity (and hopefully as less bureaucratic as possible…). We think this could be a very interesting approach and very peculiar, compared to the "big guys”. We could end up with something that is a real singularity in the cloud scene.
Needless to say, Openstack would play a great role in building this kind of infrastructure.  Obviously, federation is something we need to address also on a technology and/or architecture standpoint.

I suggest join the efforts and set a date for a first meeting al together, and know each other. How about it? BTW, Tokyo may be an option: I am going.
The sooner we book agendas and flights, the better.

Ciao

Mariano

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.