[Openstack-operators] How to install magnum?

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Oct 29 14:28:41 UTC 2015

On 10/28/2015 2:37 AM, Kris G. Lindgren wrote:
> I also installed magnum - but ran into problems under kilo.  Also, don't use CoreOS as it wont work as well.  I am trying to get magnum working against our open stack install under liberty.  But am running into problems assumptions around with what services/features that Magnum expects your cloud to provide.  Which is currently not realistic for the majority of clouds.
>
> As for the the publickey url error.  This is because magnum is defaulting to expecting that barbican is provided by the cloud.  You can change the key credential storage to local and only get a warning that local is for "testing purposes only".  But it did work, or at least it got past that error.

Nova issues a similar warning [1] but it doesn't default to assuming you
have Barbican available and configured as your key manager. Maybe Magnum
should be changed to have a more sane default.

[1]
http://logs.openstack.org/08/233808/1/check/gate-tempest-dsvm-full/b1e0148/logs/screen-n-cpu.txt.gz?level=WARNING#_2015-10-12_21_41_32_352