[Openstack-operators] raw ephemeral disks and qcow2 images

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Fri Oct 23 11:17:51 UTC 2015

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 10:45:29AM +0000, Tim Bell wrote:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1509304 has been reported.

Thanks, I slightly reworded the description to this:

    "Add support for 'l2-cache-size' (a QCOW2 run time option for
    metadata cache size) for drives"

And, added some URLs with documentation.

> Not sure the best place to ask for the option... something in
> nova.conf may allocate too much memory if not many VMs need it but
> adding support in flavors/images would be more complex. This could be
> done in stages.

Yeah, this needs input from other Nova developers who're more familiar
with the intricacies of qcow2 cache configuration.

--
/kashyap