[Openstack-operators] [All][Glance] Feedback on the proposed refactor to the image import process required

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Fri Oct 9 07:39:29 UTC 2015

Greetings,

There was recently a discussion[0] on the mailing list, started by Doug
Hellman, to discuss some issues related to Glance's API, the conflicts
between v1 and v2 and how this is making some pandas sad.

The above served as a starting point for a discussion around the
current API, how it can be improved, etc. This discussions happened on
IRC[1], on  a call (sorry, I forgot to record this call, this is entirely
my fault) and on an etherpad[2]. Later on, Brian Rosmaita summarized
all this in a document[3], which became a spec[4]. :D

The spec is the central point of discussion now and it contains a more
structured, more organized and more concrete proposal that needs to be
discussed. Nevertheless, I believe there's still lot to do there and I
also believe - I'm sure others do as well - this spec could use
opinions from a broader audience. Therefore, I'd really appreciate
your opinion on this thread.

This will also be discussed at the summit[5] in a fishbowl session and
I hope to see you all there as well.

I'd like to thank everyone that has participated in this discussion so
far and I hope to see others chime in as well.

Flavio

[0] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-September/074360.html
[1] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-glance/%23openstack-glance.2015-09-22.log.html#t2015-09-22T14:31:00
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/glance-upload-mechanism-reloaded