[Openstack-operators] Consensus? Re: OPs Midcycle location discussion.

Jonathan Proulx jon at csail.mit.edu
Tue Nov 17 15:57:41 UTC 2015

So What I'm hearing is having a single focal point which moves is
preferred because:

* There is a real feeling of marginalization in non-US ops community
* Dev representatives and other working groups (product, UX, etc)
  work better with a single focus
* Foundation resources can more effectively support a single event

There also exists a fairly strong community desire to address ways of
increasing remote participation (spokes) through coordinated regional
meetups (locally organized) or other means to be determined...(this
was rather my hope that having a strong US community that may have
more difficulty attending would drive more innovation in remote
participation strategies)

I believe this is the current consensus, but it's also very close to my
ideas going in so if you think I'm reading the community sense
incorrectly please call me on that.

-Jon