[Openstack-operators] Mirantis Fuel Multi-Region

Eren Türkay erent at skyatlas.com
Tue Nov 17 09:29:54 UTC 2015

On 17-11-2015 10:40, Federico Michele Facca wrote:
> Hi Eren,

Hello Federico

> afaik, with the new plugin architecture, in fuel 7/8 it should be easy to
> create a plugin for achieve your goal.
> in case of manual job, depending on your cloud architecture there are different
> options, the main ones are:
> - you keep a single keystone in a datacenter and register the new region
> services in there.

Yes, that's what I am aiming for. I need a single keystone and multiple
endpoints. However, as far as I understand, multi-dc isn't supported yet on
Mirantis (nor the region name change). Do you know the actual/example
implementation for multi-dc with new plugin architecture? Here are my findings
regarding to the issue. It seems deploying multi-site with fuel is really hard
and not supported.

https://answers.launchpad.net/fuel/+question/267127
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-October/076298.html

--
Eren Türkay, System Administrator
https://skyatlas.com/ | +90 850 885 0357

Yildiz Teknik Universitesi Davutpasa Kampusu
Teknopark Bolgesi, D2 Blok No:107
Esenler, Istanbul Pk.34220