[Openstack-operators] Mirantis Fuel Multi-Region

Eren Türkay erent at skyatlas.com
Tue Nov 17 08:16:04 UTC 2015

Hello operators,

I have google a lot but I failed to find a good documentation on multi-region
installation using Mirantis Fuel. I use Fuel in one site, it provides a decent
way to provision the physical machines. However, I need a new region
installation and I am wondering how it is done properly.

As far as I know, with keystone shared, pure OpenStack installation is just new
endpoint addresses for new region. It is enough to add new endpoints to the
shared keystone and we have a new region (seens in horizon as well). However,
it seems that Fuel always installs new keystone/mysql/horizon/api endpoints for
each region. Is this always the case with Fuel? Is there anyone who has
installed multi-region Openstack with Mirantis Fuel?

Thanks for your time,

--
Eren Türkay, System Administrator
https://skyatlas.com/ | +90 850 885 0357

Yildiz Teknik Universitesi Davutpasa Kampusu
Teknopark Bolgesi, D2 Blok No:107
Esenler, Istanbul Pk.34220