[Openstack-operators] OPs Midcycle location discussion.

Matt Jarvis matt.jarvis at datacentred.co.uk
Mon Nov 16 16:23:16 UTC 2015

+1 from me, although I am admittedly biased ;) Personally I think the wider
participation in the ops feedback loop can only be a positive thing, and
there are definitely different perspectives and concerns to be had from
European operators given the different commercial landscape. I'm sure the
same is also true for Asia.

On 16 November 2015 at 15:50, Jonathan Proulx <jon at csail.mit.edu> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> 1st User Committee IRC meeting will be today at 19:00UTC on
> #openstack-meeting, we haven't exactly settled on an agenda yet but I
> hope to raise this issue the...
>
> It has been suggested that we make the February 15-16 European Ops
> Meetup in Manchester UK [1] the 'official' OPs Midcycle.  Previously
> all mid cycles have been US based.
>
> Personally I like the idea of broadening or geographic reach rather
> than staying concentrated in North America. I particularly like it
> being 'opposite' the summit location.
>
> This would likely trade off some depth of participation as fewer
> of the same people would be able to travel to all midcycles in person.
>
> Discuss...(also come by  #openstack-meeting at 19:00 UTC if you think
> this needs real time discussion)
>
> -Jon
>

> --
>
> 1.
> http://www.eventbrite.com/e/european-openstack-operators-meetup-tickets-19405855436?aff=es2

Matt Jarvis
Head of Cloud Computing
DataCentred
Office: (+44)0161 8703985
Mobile: (+44)07983 725372
Email: matt.jarvis at datacentred.co.uk
Website: http://www.datacentred.co.uk

--
DataCentred Limited registered in England and Wales no. 05611763