[Openstack-operators] [fwaas] hardware appliance integration question

Oguz Yarimtepe oguzyarimtepe at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 14:38:31 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have been dealing with an hardware firewall integration to our
Openstack environment. I checked the drivers at the FWaaS Github page
and seems Varmour's way look simlar to what i am trying to do. I So i
created a foo_fwaas.py under
neutron_fwaas/services/firewall/drivers/trscaler and changed the
fwaas.ini file. Planning to call the resy api of the hardware fw
according the the context i got.

What i am trying to figured out how will i differentiate the tenants
networks? How will the hardware appliance filter them? Writing the rules
according to their vxlan, can it help for ex? I haven't seen a Vxlan
variable though while debugging the drivers.

I am using the neutron's L3 agent, haven't implemented one and planning
to use the HW appliance for just filtering traffic, not for routing.
Anybody here had such an experience? or any tips?