[Openstack-operators] [openstack-operators][osops] Listing orphaned Neutron objects via listorphans.py

Nick Jones nick.jones at datacentred.co.uk
Wed Nov 11 16:49:52 UTC 2015

A while ago I knocked up a quick-and-dirty Python script to list various ‘orphaned’ Neutron objects.  By orphans I mean objects that OpenStack is aware of but which don’t have a valid project ID any more.  This is something that we as a public cloud operator have to manage on a regular basis, as it’s easy to chew through your public IPv4 address space with orphaned routers that have a gateway set (as an example).

I’ve recently updated it so that it’s a lot quicker, but I’ve also changed the output slightly making it easier to pipe directly into something else (i.e some kind of deletion script).  It’s part of the OSOps project and so my change is here for review: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/244160/3 <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/244160/3>

I’m posting this on the off chance that someone else is using it and for whom the output change might cause a problem - if you could review and leave a comment where appropriate then that’d be awesome.

Thanks!

—

-Nick

--
DataCentred Limited registered in England and Wales no. 05611763