[Openstack-operators] Ops Keystone / Federation Session

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Tue May 26 02:13:04 UTC 2015

On 05/23/2015 02:50 PM, Tim Bell wrote:
> Joe,
>
> Thanks for the notes.
>
> We had a productive discussion with the Glance folk on how to share
> images across clouds
> (https://libertydesignsummit.sched.org/event/6b4a5dbd177cde2aad7a9927a82534d0#.VWDLPpOqqko)
> and we’ll be working on that spec.
>
> We also had some forward looking discussions with the Keystone team on
> how to manage multi-cloud nested projects.
>
> As joe said, Federated identity is needed but giving users a
> transparent exprience will take much, much more.
>
> Are there blueprints created for this gap ?
I don't think so, as they really are cross-project blueprints.

I  was thinking that there needs to be an owner, and the down in the big
tent is something like this:

Ceilometer is responsible for responding to events and kicking off workflows

Mistral is responsible for defining workflows.

While neither should be essential, or required, we should have a
big-tent-only solution that people can use for reference.

Keysteon can provide the "user first seen" event
We need a time out for "user not seen since X"  to archive their work
We then need a "Delete all resources"  at a later date.
If a project is deliberately deleted, we need to catch and clean up
those events as well.

I suspect if we documented that much, we'd get most of the way home.