[Openstack-operators] RabbitMQ ops session summary

Mike Dorman mdorman at godaddy.com
Wed May 20 00:42:07 UTC 2015

Thought I’d post a quick summary/highlights of our RMQ session this morning.  Thanks to all who attended and participated!  For reference, the etherpad link is at [1].

  *   A lot fewer people attended this time than at previous summits and ops meet ups.  I read that as an indication things are generally getting better wrt. RabbitMQ
  *   The heartbeat patch [2] (which is part of Kilo) is working well at Go Daddy and NeCTAR (under Juno.)
     *   Some interest in backporting this to Icehouse, but that may not be practical.
  *   There are still a couple outlying problems with oslo.messaging when connecting to RMQ cluster nodes through a load balancer.  Most people are using the multi RMQ server option and are not using a load balancer.
  *   Pivotal is taking a more active role in the OpenStack community and helping to make oslo.messaging, etc. better.  A big thanks to them for this effort!
     *   Best way to feed back experience/requests to them is via rabbitmq-users ML [3]

Thanks again to everyone for your help making the OpenStack experience with RabbitMQ better.  Please enjoy the remainder of the Summit!

Mike

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/YVR-ops-rabbitmq
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/146047/
[3] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/rabbitmq-users