[Openstack-operators] [openstack-dev] [nova][vmware] Minimum VC version

Dan Smith dms at danplanet.com
Fri May 15 22:17:48 UTC 2015

> But 4.x was EOL over a year ago:
>
> http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=2039567

...and was released in 2010.

We're supporting a minimum version of libvirt from 2014, so I think that
dropping support for five-year-old EOL'd VMware is good. We don't test
it, which means it's probably broken. I also feel like this is a thing
we can do without a deprecation cycle, assuming there aren't a ton of
users still using unsupported commercial software out there.

--Dan