[Openstack-operators] [nova] Can we bump MIN_LIBVIRT_VERSION to 1.2.2 in Liberty?

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu May 14 19:23:25 UTC 2015

The minimum required version of libvirt in the driver is 0.9.11 still
[1].  We've been gating against 1.2.2 in Ubuntu Trusty 14.04 since Juno.

The libvirt distro support matrix is here: [2]

Can we safely assume the people aren't going to be running Libvirt
compute nodes on RHEL < 7.1 or Ubuntu Precise?

Regarding RHEL, I think this is a safe bet because in Kilo nova dropped
python 2.6 support and RHEL > 6 doesn't have py26 so you'd be in trouble
running kilo+ nova on RHEL 6.x anyway.

There are some workarounds in the code [3] I'd like to see removed by
bumping the minimum required version.

[1]
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/nova/tree/nova/virt/libvirt/driver.py?id=2015.1.0#n335
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/LibvirtDistroSupportMatrix