[Openstack-operators] [openstack-dev] [tc] Who is allowed to vote for TC candidates

Adam Lawson alawson at aqorn.com
Fri May 1 21:50:33 UTC 2015

I purposely didn't email the general mailing list since I didn't want to
cross-post, hard to have these discussions across verticals and choosing
one list = hearing one community - those subscribed to the developer
mailing list.

So I'm not assuming anything, it seems some are suggesting that Operators
get into code review to quantify their role as an engaged Operator. Is that
a correct statement? Just want to make sure I'm hearing correctly. I try to
avoid absolutes but personally speaking for the record, I don't believe the
answer lies with asking Operators to become code reviewers on top of
everthing else they're doing in order for them to have a voice in the TC
elections. If code reviews are being suggested (again, assuming the
assumption is correct for the sake of making my point), technical
contribution extends far beyond uploading and reviewing code. This
alternate means to gain ATC status seems like a potential candidate for
those who want to review code but not for those who are day-to-day
operators engaging with the community.

Is there any meetings planned in Vancouver where users/operators are
meeting where we can add an agenda items to gather input?

Given this conversation involves the Operator community as well, I went
ahead and CC'd them to hopefully capture their specific thoughts/ideas on
the subject.

Mahalo,
Adam

*Adam Lawson*