[Openstack-operators] FYI: Rabbit Heartbeat Patch Landed

Sam Morrison sorrison at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 10:14:37 UTC 2015

I’ve been trying to build a ubuntu deb of this in a juno environment. It’s a bit of a nightmare as they have changed all the module names from oslo.XXX to oslo_XXX

Have fixed those up with a few sed replaces and had to remove support for aioeventlet as the dependencies aren’t in the ubuntu cloud archive juno.

Still have a couple of tests failing but I think it *should* work in on our juno hosts.

I have a branch of the 1.8.0 release that I’m trying to build against Juno here [1] and I’m hoping that it will be easy to integrate the heartbeat code.
I’m sure there is lots of people that would be keen to get a latest version of oslo.messaging working against a juno environment. What is the best way to make that happen though?

Cheers,
Sam

[1] https://github.com/NeCTAR-RC/oslo.messaging/commits/nectar/1.8.0