[Openstack-operators] max_age and until_refresh for fixing Nova quotas

Mike Dorman mdorman at godaddy.com
Sun Mar 15 03:53:27 UTC 2015

Yeah the default is just ‘0’ for both, which disables the refresh.

The one downside is that it may not be 100% transparent to the user.  If
the quota is already (incorrectly) too high, and exceeding the quota
limit, the reservation that triggers the refresh will still fail.  I.e.
the reservation is attempted based on the quota usage values _before_ the
refresh.  But then after that the quota should be fixed and it will work
again on the next reservation.

But my thinking is that most quota issues happen slowly over time.  If we
are correcting them often and automatically, they hopefully never get to
the point where they’re bad enough to manifest reservation errors to the
user.

I don’t have any information re: db load.  I assume it regenerates based
on what’s in the instances or reservations table.  I imagine the load for
doing a single refresh is probably comparable to doing a ‘nova list’.

Mike