[Openstack-operators] [Neutron] Metaplugin removal in Liberty

Edgar Magana edgar.magana at workday.com
Thu Jun 18 03:11:40 UTC 2015

I haven’t seen anyone rally using it. I vote for removing it from tree.

Edgar

From: Hirofumi Ichihara
Date: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at 4:37 PM
To: "openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org>"
Subject: [Openstack-operators] [Neutron] Metaplugin removal in Liberty

Hi Operator folks,
(I apologize for overlapping mail)

Does anyone use metaplugin of Neutron?
I want to remove it.

I have maintained metaplugin in Neutron.
The plugin enables users to use multiple plugins at the same time.
However, we can use ML2 plugin in order to do now.
I know that there is nobody using metaplugin and besides, It’s still experimental[1].
Therefore, I want to remove metapugin in Liberty cycle by a patch[2]
although it must be maintained in Liberty according to cycle deprecating plugin.

Could you respond me if you disagree with the proposal?

[1]: http://docs.openstack.org/admin-guide-cloud/content/section_limitations.html
[2]: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/192056/

thanks,
Hiro