[Openstack-operators] [Tags] Tags Team Repo & our first tags!

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Mon Jun 8 01:54:42 UTC 2015

On 06/06/15 03:12, Fox, Kevin M wrote:
> With my op hat on, I'd very much prefer packaged-in-ubuntu/packaged-in-centos or packaged=ubuntu,centos. If its just packaged=True, I'd still have to go look up if its in my distro of choice.

Kevin,

Many thanks for the input.

May I ask, would you* be ok with a structurified version of this:

"Trove packaging: generally looks good as best we can tell. Though, it
seems like they screwed it up in Ubuntu this time and here's a link to
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openstack-trove/+bug/1308523"

?

Then, from there, assuming you're using centos for the sake of example,
maybe one of two things would happen:

1) You'd use it, confident that at least someone had had a quick look
and said "yeah, looks OK at first glance", and it ends up working
2) You're the first person to discover this massive bug with centos
packaging, and there's some easy way to update the tag to say:

"Trove packaging is: pretty average, after some experience. There are
problems in multiple distros
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openstack-trove/+bug/1308523
, http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=xxxx"

Reason I'm asking - I think we can probably get this kind of system
going with fairly minimal effort, but I think going through every
distro(+distroversion) for every project is probably beyond our
volunteer numbers at the moment.

Regards,

Tom

* perhaps assuming that you're a new user considering adopting Trove?