[Openstack-operators] [Tags] Tags Team Repo & our first tags!

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Tue Jun 2 17:07:04 UTC 2015

On 06/02/2015 07:54 AM, Jay Pipes wrote:
> Please, no. We should not have ops tags that are different than other
> tags for no good reason.

Let me put it another way:

I think there is a good reason for Operators to look for information
about a project that is more descriptive than the current definition of
project tags.

Whether the tags can be expanded or if a different approach is needed to
display such information I don't know.  I would expect operators to be
interested to know the details of what 'is-packaged' mean: are packages
available in my favorite distro? how often are they built? If that
information is not in the tag itself, then it should be visible
somewhere else.

I don't know if the tags system can be scaled for this task specifically
and I advice to talk to experts in the field because OpenStack is no
different from other communities that have faced and solved the same
issue (and one of such experts has already offered to help
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-operators/2015-May/006886.html)

/stef