[Openstack-operators] [kilo-muktinode] [ubuntu cloud images]

Vedprakash Nimbalkar vedprakash.nimbalkar at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 11:24:05 UTC 2015

You can install ubuntu or any of the *nix flavor on outside of openstack
(Like VirtualBox).
And copy that .qcow2 at "/tmp/images/"  and use this command to import it
into openstack..

"glance image-create --name "Centos 7.2" --is-public true --disk-format
qcow2 --container-format bare --file Centos-64.qcow2 "

You have to install cloud-init package before importing image in openstack.

This is the way I was using to copy our customize images in openstack.