[Openstack-operators] Nova VMware driver don't know to deal with VMWare vSphere 5.5 API bugs

Jean-Daniel Bonnetot jean-daniel.bonnetot at ovh.net
Thu Jul 30 13:06:22 UTC 2015

Hi Ops,

I deployed with OSAD and now I try to plug my compute node on vSphere with the nova vmware driver.
After configuring the nova-compute to point on my vSphere, I start nova-compute and … BOOM :/

After some debugs, here what I found:
1. logs: http://pastebin.com/wx5JDVrd
2. I go deeper dumping some variables, I saw this hit: https://myinfra/sdk/vim.wsdl
3. the headers of the response doesn’t announce the gzip format returned (VMware bug !!!)

4. anyway, the client doesn’t manage http compression

As I don’t manage vSphere upgrade, I need to find an other solution.

Do you know if it’s possible to specify in the driver to build request without compression?

--
Jean-Daniel
@pilgrimstack