[Openstack-operators] Nova cells v2 and operational impacts

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Wed Jul 22 13:56:41 UTC 2015

Heya.

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 9:21 AM, Mike Dorman <mdorman at godaddy.com> wrote:
> Seems reasonable.
>
> For us already running v1, will we be creating another new cell database
> for v2?  Or will our existing v1 cell database become that second database
> under v2?

Yes. Cells v2 will require a new database, you wont be able to reuse
your existing cells database.

> Somewhat beyond the scope of this thread, but my main concern is the
> acrobatics going from v1 in Kilo to the hybrid v1/v2 in Liberty, to full
> v2 in Mitaka.  I think we all realize there will be some amount of pain to
> get to v2, but as long as that case for us existing cells users can be
> handled in a somewhat sane way, I’m happy.

I'm actually not too concerned about that bit, but then again I'm not
the primary developer on cells v2 so I might be confused. I don't
think we've documented the intended transition from cells v1 to cells
v2 in M, but perhaps Andrew Laski can chime in?

Michael

--
Rackspace Australia