[Openstack-operators] Removal of Catalog Index Service from Glance

Louis Taylor louis at kragniz.eu
Fri Jul 17 18:50:55 UTC 2015

Hi operators,

In Kilo, we added the Catalog Index Service as an experimental API in Glance.
It soon became apparent this would be better suited as a separate project, so
it was split into the Searchlight project:

    https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Searchlight

We've now started the process of removing the service from Glance for the
Liberty release. Since the service was originally had the status of being
experimental, we felt it would be okay to remove it without a cycle of
deprecation.

Is this something that would cause issues for any existing deployments? If you
have any feelings about this one way or the other, feel free to share your
thoughts on this mailing list or in the review to remove the code:

    https://review.openstack.org/#/c/197043/

Cheers,
Louis