[Openstack-operators] How to configure security-port feature in Kilo ?

Clayton O'Neill clayton at oneill.net
Tue Jul 14 13:28:59 UTC 2015

Note that if you enable port-security when you upgrade to kilo you can
avoid these issues.  If you enable port-security after upgrading, it's a
few pretty simple SQL commands to work around the bug below​ described
below.  You can find them in the associated kilo upgrade db migration here:

https://github.com/openstack/neutron/blob/master/neutron/db/migration/alembic_migrations/versions/35a0f3365720_add_port_security_in_ml2.py

That said, I'd be glad to hear more about how to actually *use* the port
security extension.  It seems as if it can be used to turn off port
security on a per port or per network basis.  Is there any UI for this, or
do you have to use the API?