[Openstack-operators] OSAD for RHEL

Kris G. Lindgren klindgren at godaddy.com
Thu Jul 9 06:16:09 UTC 2015

Does OSP support running each service in an LXC container as well?  What about nova-cells? How does it handle people who need to carry local changes?  What is the upgrade path like with OSP?

Asking, because in Philly the general consensus, I fel,t was people want to move away from the current system level package stuff and move towards: venv's, "lightweight packages", containers.  The only reason that was brought up to keep packages around was to solve the non-python lib stuff and using a depsolver (yum/apt) that doesn't suck (pip).  So I am pretty sure my wants are inline with what other people in the community are either already doing or moving towards.

Kris Lindgren
Senior Linux Systems Engineer
GoDaddy, LLC.