[Openstack-operators] Scaling the Ops Meetup

David Medberry openstack at medberry.net
Thu Jul 2 18:32:15 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 9:23 AM, Tom Fifield <tom at openstack.org> wrote:

> Venue selection process.
>
> At the moment, there's a few of us who work hard in the shadows to make
> the best choice we can from a range of generous offers :)
>
> Many thanks. I know this is a bit of a PITA.

> In our brave new world, I think this should be a bit more open, what do
> you think?

Don't care if it is more open. I wish it would be more timely. If making it
more open makes the decision and locale &c more timely, all for open.

> What kind of structure do we need to make the best decision?

The perfect is the enemy of the good (or something like malapropically
paraphrased.)
We like to say, JFDI.
Name a spot, name a limit, make a reservation tool (or use an existing one
like eventbrite), consider having "pocket" overflow amount you / someone
judicially administers.

-d