[Openstack-operators] Packaging sample config versions

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sat Jan 31 23:52:21 UTC 2015

On 01/29/2015 12:30 AM, Tom Fifield wrote:
> Actually, many folks I spoke to didn't really care about this.

(computer) science isn't about voting.

On 01/29/2015 01:55 AM, Fischer, Matt wrote:
> Agreed completely. I know it wpn¹t be 100% perfect, but its 95% and
> right now I have 0%.

5% is enough to create big bugs.

Upstream authors decided to remove the sample config files for a reason,
which is: there's no way to provide a valid sample config file because
it depends on the version of the installed libs. You're now deciding to
ignore that reason. So basically, you're deciding you know better than
everyone else. You'll get into issues and troubles. I just hope you know
about it, and wont complain when things break badly.

Thomas