[Openstack-operators] Small openstack (part 2), distributed glance

George Shuklin george.shuklin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 19:50:50 UTC 2015

Directions:
nova->switch port, switch port -> glance, glance->switch port (to
swift). I assume traffic from switch to swift outside installation.

Glance-api receive and send same amount of traffic. It sounds like a
minor issue until you starts to count CPU IRQ time of network card
(doubled compare to a single direction of traffic).

Glance on compute will consume less CPU (because of high performance
loopback).