[Openstack-operators] New services disable reason

Belmiro Moreira moreira.belmiro.email.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 19:33:07 UTC 2015

Hi,
as operators I would like to have your comments/suggestions on:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/136645/1

With a large number of nodes several services are disabled because various
reasons (in our case mainly hardware interventions).
To help operations we use the "disable reason" as fast filter to identify
why the service is disabled.

At same time, we add several new nodes (nova-compute) per week.
At CERN to avoid adding a service when the daemon starts for the first time
nova is configured with:
enable_new_services=False
This is great, however no "disable reason" is set.
For us having services disabled with no reason specified creates additional
checks.

How are others keeping track of disabled services?

Belmiro
---
CERN