[Openstack-operators] Small openstack

gustavo panizzo (gfa) gfa at zumbi.com.ar
Thu Jan 8 11:12:13 UTC 2015

On 01/08/2015 07:01 PM, Antonio Messina wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 11:53 AM, gustavo panizzo (gfa) <gfa at zumbi.com.ar> wrote:

>> i may be wrong as i haven't tested that on juno, but in icehouse and havana
>> i've setup external/provider networks one for each tenant
>
> Ah, ok, this is the point. What I would like to have instead is
>
> 1) one big external network with routable, private IPs, to be used by *any*
>     tenant (where any tenant can plug ports)

neutron net-create --shared should do the trick

> 2) one external network with public IPs, to be used as floating IPs
>     (where tenants cannot plug ports)

you need to create the floating-ip from the pool first, in the top of my
head i don't remember how to allow users to use them, but is doable

> 3) small external networks dedicated to a tenant

neutron net-create --tenant-id XXXXX-XXXXXX

i've made that mix (also add tenantn networks) in my lab running
icehouse (2014.1.2) worked fine, i've upgraded it to juno but i haven't
test that yet

do you run more than one l3 agent? are you floating ips configured on
br-ex? i think if you fix the policy.json on nova you should get it working

--
1AE0 322E B8F7 4717 BDEA BF1D 44BB 1BA7 9F6C 6333