[Openstack-operators] qemu 1.x to 2.0

Joe Topjian joe at topjian.net
Tue Feb 24 19:25:55 UTC 2015

Hi Mathieu,

Yeah, luckily I had an old copy of pxe-virtio.rom and just distributed it
via Puppet. I agree that it should be accessible via UCA.

As an update from my side: while things were working well for a while, we
had a few users report reboot issues. kvm/libvirt refused to start these
"legacy" instances. We were unable to determine if this was a coincidental
edge case, so to just get rid of this issue entirely, we ended up doing a
cloud-wide live-migration-shuffle. We have not had any issues since.

Note that if none of the prior work was done, live-migration wouldn't have
even worked and we would have had to do a cloud-wide hard-reboot of
instances. :/

Let me know if you have any more questions with this. :)

Thanks,
Joe