[Openstack-operators] State of Juno in Production

Jonathan Proulx jon at jonproulx.com
Tue Feb 17 20:17:57 UTC 2015

Recently (4 weeks?) moved from Icehouse to Juno. It was pretty smooth
(neutron has been much more well behaved though I know that's not
relevant to you).

One negative difference I noticed, but haven't really dug into yet
since it's not a common pattern here:

If I schedule >20 instances in one API call I get conductor timeouts
and zero launches.  If I make many parallel scheduling calls for <20
instances each response is good and scaling out to several hundred
parallel launches is much faster and with out the neutron timeout
errors that plagued me since I switched over to quantum in Grizzly.

As I said I've not looked deeply at this so it may be a local config
issue rather than something systemic with Juno, but if it's an
important use case for you be sure to take a good look at it.

-Jon