[Openstack-operators] [openstack-dev] [Telco][NFV][infra] Review process of TelcoWG use cases

George Shuklin george.shuklin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 18:11:45 UTC 2015

On 02/06/2015 04:21 PM, Steve Gordon wrote:
>> It does look like that.  However, the intent here is to allow non-developer
>> members of a Telco provide the use cases they need to accomplish. This way
>> the Telco WG can identify gaps and file a proper spec into each of the
>> OpenStack projects.
> Indeed, what we're trying to do is help the non-developer members of the group articulate their use cases and tease them out to a level that is meaningful to someone who is not immersed in telecommunications themselves. In this way we hope to in turn be able to create meaningful specifications for the actual OpenStack projects impacted.
>
> It's possible that some of these will be truly cross-project and therefore head to openstack-specs but initial indications seem to be that most will either be specific to a project, or cross only a couple of projects (e.g. nova and neutron) - I am sure someone will come up with some more exceptions to this statement to prove me wrong :).

Ok, I definitively out of telco business, and I indeed openstack
operator. My first question: what you want to do, what problems you want
to solve?

I was on one 'NVF' session in Paris, and I've expected it to be about
SR-IOV and using VF (virtual functions) of network cards for guest
acceleration. But instead it was something I just didn't got at all
(sorry, Ericsson). So, what are you want to do? Not in terms of
'business solution', but on very low level. Run some specific appliance?
Add VoIP support to Neutron? Make something differ?