[Openstack-operators] [Telco][NFV][infra] Review process of TelcoWG use cases

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Fri Feb 6 14:12:58 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----
> From: "George Shuklin" <george.shuklin at gmail.com>
> To: openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org
>
> Sorry guys. I think most of the ops here have no idea what you talking
> about. Telcos is telcos, ops is ops. Different worlds, different
> problems, different terminology.

Hi George,

The telco working group is intended to bridge the gap between telcommunications operators and the openstack community, something we've been working on in some form since Atlanta. Once you boil away the TLAs many of their core requirements are not significantly different for what you might consider "normal" operators, or at least operators in other verticals like high performance computing.

We primarily communicated on the -dev list prior to Paris but the feedback we got in the session there (on the operators track no less!) was that most people involved were more comfortable communicating in the context of the operators M/L than mixed in with the development traffic. If certain types of operators are not welcome in the openstack operators community then I think that would be a shame.

Thanks,

Steve