[Openstack-operators] How to handle updates of public images?

Kris G. Lindgren klindgren at godaddy.com
Thu Feb 5 19:16:19 UTC 2015

In the case of a raw backed qcow2 image (pretty sure that¹s the default)
the instances root disk as seen inside the vm is made up of changes made
on the instance disk (qcow2 layer) + the base image (raw).  Also, remember
that as currently coded a resize migration will almost always be a
migrate.  However, since the vm is successfully running on the old compute
node it *should* be a trivial change that if the backing image is no
longer available via glance - copy that over to the new host as well.

Kris Lindgren
Senior Linux Systems Engineer
GoDaddy, LLC.