[Openstack-operators] How to handle updates of public images?

George Shuklin george.shuklin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 15:45:32 UTC 2015

Updated report for 'no image' with deleted '_base' behaviour in juno (my
previous comment was about havana):

1. If snapshot is removed, original image is used (image that was used
for 1st instance to produce snapshot). Rather strange and unexpected,
but nice (minus one headache).
2. If all images in chain are removed, behaviour changed:
* hard reboot works fine (raw disks)
* reinstallation asks for new image, seems no problem
* rescue causes ugly problem, rendering instance completely broken (do
not work but no ERROR state). https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1418590

I didn't test migrations yet.