[Openstack-operators] Invitation to Ops session in Okinawa Open Days in Dec

Shintaro Mizuno mizuno.shintaro at lab.ntt.co.jp
Mon Dec 21 03:02:53 UTC 2015

Hi everyone!

FYI, Ops session in Okinawa OpenDays on 17-18 Dec have finished with,
IMO, great success.
Although most of the attendees were from Japan, we had 20-30 ops members
from major operators such as Yahoo! Japan, GMO, Rakuten, BitIsle and NTT
group and we had exciting and fruitful discussions on various topics.

It was also interesting to find some locality in tools we use such as in
log collection (i.e. more ops tend to use fluentd than logstash)
Please check the etherpad for details.

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/JP-Ops-workshop

The issue was, as anticipated, the language barrier for most ops to
discuss in English. We therefore let participants to discuss in Japanese
and translated them on the etherpad in near-real-time with help from
other participants.

We agreed to have the next local meetup in upcoming OpenStack Days Tokyo
in July next year.
We still don't have a good idea to effectively reach out for ops in
other Asian nations, so please let me know if anyone is interested in
having discussion for the next steps.

Best,
Shintaro

On 2015/11/18 19:51, Shintaro Mizuno wrote:
> Hi Edgar,
>
> Thank you.
> We love to have everyone's feedback on the etherpad!
>
> Best
> Shintaro
>
> On 2015/11/18 15:21, Edgar Magana wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I personal would love to attend it. Unfortunately, it is quite hard to
>> invest on the trip and all the expenses. I would love to provide
>> feedback on the etherpad.
>>
>> Have a blast of event!
>>
>> Edgar Magana, PhD.
>> Cloud Operations Architect
>> Workday, Inc.
>>

>> On 11/17/15, 6:12 PM, "Shintaro Mizuno"
>> <mizuno.shintaro at lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Besides the discussion on the regional ops meetups, as for the asia
>>> region, I believe we are still in the stage where we need to raise more
>>> attention from regional operators and I hope this event would be a step
>>> forward.
>>>
>>> Some updates for the event.
>>>
>>> - Registration is now open.
>>> http://www.okinawaopenlabs.org/en/ood2015_3