[Openstack-operators] Hypervisor Tuning Guide

Joe Topjian joe at topjian.net
Wed Dec 9 05:45:11 UTC 2015

Update on the Hypervisor Tuning Guide!

The plan mentioned earlier is still in effect and is in the midst of Step
2. All etherpad notes have been migrated to the OpenStack wiki and I've
recently finished cleaning them up. You can see the current work here[1].

For those who may be wondering "why yet another guide?", I guarantee that 9
out of 10 people who read the guide in its current state will learn
something new. Imagine how much you could learn if it was complete?

If you're interested in contributing, please see the How To Contribute
section[2]. In short: just add what you know to the wiki.

Here's a list of items that would be great to have:

* Information about Hypervisors other than libvirt/KVM.
* Information about operating systems other than Linux.
* Real options, settings, and values that you have found to be successful
in production.
* And ongoing: Continue to expand and elaborate on existing areas.

As mentioned before, there is no definitive timeline for this guide.
There's no plan to have formal meetings or anything like that at the
moment, either. Just an occasional poke to add what you know. However, if
you'd like to see this guide fall under a more formal schedule and would
like to lead that effort, please get in contact with me.

Thanks,
Joe

1: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/HypervisorTuningGuide
2: