[Openstack-operators] Liberty cinder ceph architecture

Ignazio Cassano ignaziocassano at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 08:26:59 UTC 2015

Hi all, I am going to install openstack liberty and I already installed two
ceph nodes .  Now I need to know where cinder components must be installed.
In an nfs scenario I installed some cinder componens on controller node and
some on nfs server but with ceph I would like  to avoid installing cinder
components directly on ceph nodes.
Any suggestions ?  My controller environment is made up of a cluster of
physical nodes.
Computing is made up of two kvm nodes.
Must I install cinder-api, cinder-scheduler, cinder-volume and cinder
backup on controller nodes or for best performace it' s more convenient to
split them on different nodes ?
Another question is related to object storage : is ceph radosgw supported
to replace swift ?
Regards