[Openstack-operators] [openstack-dev] [keystone] Removing functionality that was deprecated in Kilo and upcoming deprecated functionality in Mitaka

Matthew Treinish mtreinish at kortar.org
Mon Dec 7 23:40:58 UTC 2015

On Mon, Dec 07, 2015 at 06:18:04PM -0500, Steve Martinelli wrote:

> ... re-adding the operators mailing list.
>
> sounds like we should document how to do this, with the assertion that it
> is not tested with our CI.
>
> with that said, we should try to have a job that sets up keystone with
> nginx that is run periodically (similar to our eventlet job at the moment).

So, we actually run keystone with eventlet on every tempest-dsvm-postgres-full
job. It runs way more than periodically:

http://status.openstack.org/openstack-health/#/job/gate-tempest-dsvm-postgres-full

That's just a 24 hr window in the gate queue, including check it's much more.

This has been long standing behavior ever since keystone under mod_wsgi support
was added to devstack:

https://github.com/openstack-infra/project-config/blob/master/jenkins/jobs/devstack-gate.yaml#L1395-L1429

It's 1 of 3 things that are different that make the postgres job different. I've
always viewed that job config overloading as a bug, for this exact reason.

-Matt Treinish