[Openstack-operators] DIB in container vs VM

Abel Lopez alopgeek at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 00:16:08 UTC 2015

Hey everyone,
I've been running diskimage-builder just fine for over a year inside various VMs, but now, I'm having to run it inside a docker container.
I'm curious if anyone has experience with making the 'ubuntu latest' docker hub image more like a VM.

For example, I can `vagrant up` the trusty image from vagrant cloud, and every image I attempt to make "JUST WORKS"
When I try the same things with `docker run` things fail left right and center.

I figure there is some combination of packages that need to be installed, or services that need to be running, or mount points that need to exist to make this happen.

Thoughts?