[Openstack-operators] IP - availability monitoring

Salvatore Orlando salv.orlando at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 09:32:09 UTC 2015

I am not going to be too picky either and play the role of the defender of
the REST principles.

While we can surely think about a solution that fits nicely in current APis
and also gives you the ability of querying all the subnets at once, I also
realise there as a practical matter thinking about an ideal solution likely
implies delays.
I regard this as useful feature for operators, and I am therefore not
opposed to implementing extension as it is. At the end of the day it only
provides information, it does not alter the state of any neutron resource.

At some point in the future we can then converge on an API to determine
resource usage that will also include the functionality exposed by your API.

Salvatore