[Openstack-operators] [magnum] Trying to use Magnum with Kilo

Mike Smith mismith at overstock.com
Tue Aug 18 19:21:45 UTC 2015

I’m trying to use Magnum on our Openstack Kilo cloud which runs CentOS 7 and RDO.   Since the Magnum RPMs are present in RDO, I’m using RPMs built by one of the Magnum developers (available at https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/sdake/openstack-magnum/)

Once I got rid of a conflicting UID that it tries to use for the magnum user, I’m able to start up the services.   However, following along with the Magnum documentation that exists (http://docs.openstack.org/developer/magnum/), the next step is to use the “magnum” command to define things like bay models and bays.

However, the “magnum” command doesn’t seem to exist.  I’m not sure if it’s supposed to exist as a symlink to something else?

Is anyone else out there using Magnum with RDO Kilo?  I’d love to chat with someone else that has worked through these issues.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike Smith
Principal Engineer / Cloud Team Lead