[Openstack-operators] [neutron] Any users of Neutron's VPN advanced service?

Erik McCormick emccormick at cirrusseven.com
Wed Aug 5 20:40:38 UTC 2015

I attempted to run it in Juno a while back and had very little
success. I would love to be able to use it though, and will give it
another shot once upgraded to Kilo. My issue was that several of the
options coded into it for firing up a connection were specific to
Freeswan which was deprecated, at least in CentOS 7, in favor of
Libreswan. Even after hacking in the changes, it still failed to start
due to some locking or permissions issue that I could never resolve.

Given that we run isolated tenant networks with overlapping IP space
for a number of enterprise customers, having a working self-service
VPN would be great to have, and I'm looking forward to some future
success with it.

-Erik