[Openstack-operators] Draft Agenda for PAO Ops Meetup (August 18, 19)

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Tue Aug 4 06:46:53 UTC 2015

On 04/08/15 00:28, gustavo panizzo <gfa> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 03, 2015 at 12:22:26PM -0400, Ju Lim wrote:
>> Any chance that the Ops meetup will have some ability for folks to
>> teleconference in?
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
> +1 please
>
> just record it and upload it somewhere would be useful, I'm not sure if
> it will work for ambient talk but I think is worth to try

Thank you for your suggestions.

The easiest way to shoot this down is "because logistics", but there's
actually a bit more to it than that.

This event is explicitly not recorded or broadcast, in addition to
careful attention paid to the attendee list, to ensure we create a safe
and welcoming environment so people who aren't typically "outward"
facing or have permission to publicly talk about the details of internal
systems can share.

If you can't make the event and want to share something, you may add it
on the etherpad beforehand. We can even arrange an advocate on-site to
raise your issue, concern or best practice if desired.

On the other hand, if your aim is to consume the output of the event,
the etherpad summaries are likely to be much more useful to you than
watching 16 hours of unstructured discussion.

For those who cannot participate as actively as they would like due to
the event not being in their area, I am still interested in
investigating a geographical rotation.