[Openstack-operators] OpenStack Dockerizing on CoreOS

Paul Czarkowski pczarkowski+openstackops at bluebox.net
Wed Apr 29 14:54:42 UTC 2015

You may also want to check out giftwrap (
https://github.com/blueboxgroup/giftwrap )  and its helper giftwrap-wrapper
( https://github.com/blueboxgroup/giftwrap-wrapper ) which builds packages
and/or docker containers for each openstack project based on a manifest
file which contains their git location and version as well as letting you
specifiy extra requirements etc.

I've looked over the koilla project and don't like the fact that it uses
the system packages for openstack, nor do I particularly like the way its
handling configuration.

I also think that it makes a ton of sense to create config templates built
with confd so that you can configure the projects by either environment
variables or etcd/confd.

I have a project called Factorish (https://github.com/factorish/factorish)
which aims to take random apps and run them in a sensible way inside a
docker container that ties in confd, etcdctl and runit and some
healthchecking which has worked very well for me so far and have been
planning on starting to build out openstack packages using it,  but haven't
gotten very far yet due to a lack of time.