[Openstack-operators] [neutron] multiple external networks on the same host NIC

George Shuklin george.shuklin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 19:41:14 UTC 2015

Can you put them to different vlans? After that it would be very easy task.

If not, AFAIK, neutron does not allow this.

Or you can trick it thinking it is (are) separate networks.

Create brige (br-join), plug eth to it.
Create to fake external bridges (br-ex1, br-ex2). Join them together to
br-join by patch links
(http://blog.scottlowe.org/2012/11/27/connecting-ovs-bridges-with-patch-ports/)

Instruct neutron like there is two external networks: one on br-ex1,
second on br-ex2.

But be alert that this not very stable configuration, you need to
maintain it by yourself.