[Openstack-operators] logging for Keystone on user/project delete/create operations

David Stanek dstanek at dstanek.com
Thu Apr 16 11:56:30 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 1:10 AM, Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo <
mangelajo at redhat.com> wrote:

> I’m not involved in the keystone project, but I’d recommend you to start
> by filling a blueprint
> asking for it, and explaining what you just said here:
>
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/keystone

Adding a blueprint for discussion would be a good idea if you think you
want a change to the project.

> I’d also try to contact Keystone PTL (I’m not sure who is the PTL).

Morgan Fainberg is out PTL.

> Best regards,
> Miguel Ángel
>
> On 16/4/2015, at 3:23, Matt Fischer <matt at mattfischer.com> wrote:
>
> I'd like to have some better logging when certain CRUD operations happen
> in Keystone, for example, when a project is deleted. I specifically mean
> "any" when I say better since right now I'm not seeing anything even when
> Verbose is enabled.
>
> This is pretty frustrating for me because these are rather important
> events, certainly more important than my load balancers hitting Keystone
> which it's happily logging twice a second.
>
> I know that Keystone supports some audit event notifications [1]. Can I
> simply have these reflect back into the main logs somehow?

It would be possible (and trivial) to add logging messages at the INFO
level, but I'm not sure that is what you really want. I don't know much
about the operational side at this point, but I'm hoping that there's a way
to consume the notification events and then write them to a log if that's
what you wish to do.

--
David
blog: http://www.traceback.org