[Openstack-operators] Dynamic Policy for Access Control

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Fri Apr 10 21:30:07 UTC 2015

On 04/07/2015 11:36 AM, Marc Heckmann wrote:
> My apologies for not seeing this sooner as the topic is of great
> interest. My comments below inline..
>
> On Mon, 2015-02-23 at 16:41 +0000, Tim Bell wrote:

That is a baseline consideration.  We are hoping to  make custom roles
the norm.

> 2. This work should not be done in vacuum. Ideally, Horizon support for
> assigning roles to users and editing policy should be released at the
> same time or not long after. I realize that this is easier said than
> done, but it will be important in order for the feature to get used.
Role assignments will be done the same way they are now, as Horizon
fetches the list of roles from Keystone.

Editing policy will require a new UI.  I don't see that happening in
Horizon until the Keystone mechanism is finalized.

Thanks for the response.  We can carry on the conversation at the Summit.